Confused Words: discreet vs discrete
1. Several stocks are likely present in the Southern Hemisphere as well.
2. Adam Dalgliesh is brought in to investigate the mysterious death of a famous writer on a remote and inaccessible island off the Cornish coast. Combe Island is a retreat operated by a private trust, where the rich and powerful find peace and quiet.
3. An early 18th-century British article in "The Gentleman's Magazine" describes how silent machines had replaced over-garrulous servants at some tables and, by the 1750s, Christopher Smart was praising the "foreign" but devices in verse.
4. Computer: A computer in a digital darkroom typically have a generous amount of RAM, often 4GB or more, coupled with graphics and a powerful multicore processor.
5. There also exist related fractional generalizations of similar transforms such as the Fourier transform.
6. In the past, backing for such groups had been , but in early 1992 the Saudi's invited several Iraqi opposition leaders to Riyadh to attend a well-publicised conference.
7. At half past three in the winter the fire was lighted by the servant, who had the superintendence of the little apartment, and in the summer ices were placed on the table at the same hour.
8. The vibration energy of the lattice can take values for every excitation.
9. She had a little basket-trifle hanging at her side, with keys in it; and she looked as staid and as a housekeeper as the old house could have.
10. It contains short fibers that are uniformly distributed and randomly oriented.
11. The term habitat fragmentation includes five phenomena: Natural causes and effects.
12. A , sometimes cutting or dark kind of humour is the second aspect of Djan Silveberg’s artistic approach.
13. Before you come to that,' said Traddles, a little disconcerted, 'I am afraid I thought it to omit (not being able to carry everything before me) two points, in making this lawless adjustment--for it's perfectly lawless from beginning to end--of a difficult affair.
14. 'You have been recommended to me, Mr. Hatherley, as being a man who is not only proficient in his profession but is also and capable of preserving a secret.'
15. talks between Britain and France regarding an association with the Tiger had been continuing since the late 1980s and, although Britain has initially dismissed industrial participation in the project, it was known by the mid 1990s that Britain was prepared to purchase modern attack helicopters from abroad.
16. 'It would be better for yourself, and all of us, if you WERE mercenary, Mr. Copperfield--I mean, if you were more and less influenced by all this youthful nonsense.
17. As he was, when I first saw him after they found me and demanded to know if I would take him, and, at my peril be as he was then, so he is now.''
18. Boltzmann was also one of the founders of quantum mechanics due to his suggestion in 1877 that the energy levels of a physical system could be .
19. I rely upon you not only to be and to refrain from all gossip upon the matter but, above all, to preserve this coronet with every possible precaution because I need not say that a great public scandal would be caused if any harm were to befall it.
20. In particular, she has turned the head of their butler Lavernay, but despite both of them assuring their employers they would be , within a couple of weeks they had been spotted together on clandestine meetings after dark.
21. Although circuits can be altered (in principle), ICs cannot and are useless if the data are bad.
22. If so be that the Gods have deliberated in particular of those things that should happen unto me, I must stand to their deliberation, as and wise.
23. Here we consider the semi- scheme.
24. For thou must consider the things of the world, not as a loose independent number, consisting merely of necessary events; but as a connection of things orderly and harmoniously disposed.
25. Furthermore, the owner’s two contracts – the first with the architect and the second with the general contractor – sets up teams of specialists.
26. Both Amal and the PSP-led coalition received the , yet fundamental backing of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) and the Syrian Army, who provided logistical and artillery support.
27. For many things are done by way of policy; and generally a man must know many things first, before he be able truly and judiciously to judge of another man's action.
28. That the assessors were honest and men under an oath to assess fairly and equitably, and that any advantage each of them might expect in lessening his own tax by augmenting that of the proprietaries was too trifling to induce them to perjure themselves.
29. Then in other works different variants of ICA were proposed for solving both and continuous problems.
30. Synagogues were opened and the communities could hold a activity.
31. Interpretation as the Laplace operator.
32. 'Mr. Dick,' said my aunt, 'don't be a fool, because nobody can be more than you can, when you choose.
33. In the general case, its spectrum will neither be entirely nor entirely continuous.
34. T. Sunada, geometric analysis, "Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics," (ed.
35. The error involved in simulations has been quantified.
36. The Mr. Lorry said, in a sample tone of the voice he would recommend under the circumstances,``How do you do, Mr. Stryver?
37. He was deeply in love with a peasant girl, a vassal of his father's, the daughter of wealthy parents, and herself so beautiful, modest, , and virtuous, that no one who knew her was able to decide in which of these respects she was most highly gifted or most excelled.
38. It also has the added advantage that it can be implemented as either a "fully " or "semi-" scheme.
39. Quantum systems can also have additional quantum numbers corresponding to symmetries (such as parity conservation from reflection symmetry).
40. Arena is a event simulation and automation software developed by Systems Modeling and acquired by Rockwell Automation in 2000.
Return to full list of frequently confused words