Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Detainees were to request witnesses.
2. He was not to form his own gens.
3. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
4. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
5. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
6. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
7. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
8. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
9. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
10. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
11. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
12. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
13. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
14. This them to appear on both brands.
15. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
16. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
17. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
18. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
19. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
20. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
21. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
22. The result of the debate was that it was not .
23. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
24. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
25. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
26. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
27. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
28. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
29. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
30. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
31. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
32. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
33. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
34. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
35. They were not to leave remote villages.
36. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
37. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
38. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
39. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
40. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
Return to full list of frequently confused words