Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
2. Detainees were to request witnesses.
3. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
4. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
5. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
6. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
7. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
8. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
9. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
10. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
11. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
12. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
13. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
14. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
15. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
16. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
17. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
18. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
19. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
20. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
21. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
22. They were not to leave remote villages.
23. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
24. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
25. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
26. The result of the debate was that it was not .
27. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
28. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
29. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
30. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
31. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
32. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
33. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
34. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
35. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
36. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
37. He was not to form his own gens.
38. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
39. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
40. This them to appear on both brands.
Return to full list of frequently confused words