Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
2. The result of the debate was that it was not .
3. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
4. He was not to form his own gens.
5. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
6. This them to appear on both brands.
7. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
8. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
9. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
10. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
11. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
12. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
13. They were not to leave remote villages.
14. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
15. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
16. Detainees were to request witnesses.
17. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
18. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
19. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
20. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
21. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
22. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
23. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
24. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
25. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
26. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
27. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
28. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
29. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
30. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
31. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
32. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
33. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
34. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
35. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
36. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
37. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
38. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
39. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
40. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words