Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
2. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
3. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
4. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
5. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
6. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
7. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
8. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
9. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
10. There is one point on which I want your .
11. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
12. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
13. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
14. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
15. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
16. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
17. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
18. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
19. But let me you to think better of it.
20. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
21. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
22. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
23. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
24. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
25. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
26. ``What line would you me to study?''
27. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
28. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
29. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
30. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
31. They strongly against using strong opioids.
32. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
33. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
34. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
35. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
36. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
37. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
38. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
39. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
40. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words